Monday, August 22, 2011

RK Motors Joe where did your $80K go? Seriously where?

Well a couple boys took another peek at the 67 Camaro. Identified the front end was new. Which I told them was purchased prior to sending it and sent along after it reached it's first destination. Two front inner fenders were new and everything else seemed to be from the original car underneath except for a few bolts and fuel and brake lines, possibly a gas tank which was not a custom one by any means. So, I wonder where did the CEO's money go? Couldn't have been in the body, it was a straight car to begin with. The interior is not anything fancy, I mean the headliner is just basic factory without any lighting or customization. It does have Viper seats or i asked for Viper seats. Granted the wiring took some time, adding power windows and doors and re-doing the doorhandles to be shaved because they supposedly didn't know it was agreed upon at the first shop. But where did all his overrun costs come from? I don't see it and the billing invoices which I paid are bundled charges and not itemized. Hmm, I could go with 90 hours for interior, wiring headlight doors( those can be a bugger) but I don't see anything special about paint and body it's already chipped in a couple places I don't think it would be if the base coat and clear coat were really good stuff. My other cars are dramatically better painted and fitment is better on my $33,000.00 mustang. I suppose if someone else is footing the bill you could make up extra charges and what not to pad your own pocket. I wouldn't think that would be the case here, surely not. If anyone has ideas where a renovations major cost overruns come from please chime in.
Speaking of overruns, I ordered some hood hinges and a radiator closeout panel today to help with the engine bay that was supposed to be upgraded but was not as clean in appearance as the original cars was. Got a good bit of work to do in there to be able to open the hood at a show
and not get crushed by every other small block entered. Looks okay if you like OEM engine
compartments, but not for a restomod/pro-touring car. Just have to look around and see what others have done out there for a small block, carbeurated engine compartment. Suggestions are welcome on that. An engine swap is not on the table at this time. Maybe after my Eleanor another shop is doing gets finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment